Included Health does not ask prospective job applicants for information about their bank accounts, credit history or passwords to financial accounts.
If you see a job posting on a site other than the Included Health careers site or are asked for personal financial or security information in response to a job application, this is likely a fraudulent job listing post hosted by spammers posing as Included Health to mislead job applicants.
You can validate all Included Health job postings on the Included Health careers site. Spammers may also create phony aliases such as weareincluded.health to mimic our company and/or brand names in an effort to commit identity theft or other forms of fraud. If you receive this type of suspicious email activity, please alert the FBI’s Internet Crimes Complaint Center.
Our recruitment process would not include the following activities:
- Contact candidates through non-company email domains and teleconference applications.
- Require employees to purchase start-up equipment from the company.
- Require employees to pay upfront for background investigations or screenings.
- Request credit card information.
- Reach out to candidates for job postings not posted on the Included Health careers site.
- Request candidates for PII and bank account information for payroll purposes prior to hire.
FBI Warning: Cyber Criminals Are Using Fake Job Listings to Target Applicants’ Personally Identifiable Information